Putting contact lenses in is easier than you might think! Just follow these simple steps:
- Wash your hands with oil-free soap, then rinse and dry your hands thoroughly.
- Remove the lens from the pack and put it on the index fingertip of your dominant hand.
- Make sure that the correct side of the lens is facing up. If you’ve got it right, the edges will turn slightly inward, like a tennis ball cut in half.
- Look in the mirror and use your free hand to hold your upper eyelid open. Use the middle finger of your hand holding the lens to carefully pull down your lower eyelid. Alternatively, you can use the thumb and fingers of your free hand to open your upper and lower eyelids.
- While looking up towards the ceiling or in front of you, place the lens on your eye.
- Slowly close your eyes and either roll them in a circle or move them from side to side to help the lens settle in place. Then open your eyes and gently blink a few times. Your eye should feel comfortable and your vision should be clear. If you feel discomfort or your vision is blurry, you need to remove the lens, clean it, confirm there are no rips, and then reinsert it. For detailed instructions on this process, check out the Aveo Patient Instruction Guide.
- Now repeat the process for your other eye!